Several Harare City Council officials have been arrested over the past several weeks on corruption allegations involving land deals.
Below is a list of arrested and suspended officials:
- Harare Mayor Herbert Gomba, arrested.
- Councilor Lovemore Makuwere, arrested
- Councilor Costa Mande, arrested
- Councilor Hammy Madzingira, arrested
- Councilor Tonderai Chakeredza, arrested
- Councilor Anthony Shingadeya, arrested
- Town Clerk Hosiah Chisango, arrested
- Director of Works Zvenyika Chawatama, arrested.
- Director Housing Addmore Nhekairo, arrested.
- Human Resources Director Matthew Marara, arrested
- Principal Housing Director Edgar Dzehonye, arrested.
- Aaron Tayerera, Acting chief clerical officer, arrested.
- City town planner Samuel Nyabeze arrested
- Surveyor Munyaradzi Bhowa, arrested
- Charles Sigauke, senior clerical officer, Wanted.
- City valuer and estate manager Emmanuel Mutambirwa, arrested.
- Warren Park district officer Tutsi Kanonjerea, arrested