Zimbabwe twins gunned down in South Africa


When they were born on 24 August 1983 at Madlelenyoni, Ntabazinduna in Matabeleland North province, their family rejoiced as they were blessed with twins, and at that point — no one would have thought the pair of Samukelisiwe and Attalia Zhou would also die on the same day.

However, 41 years later, a dark cloud engulfed the Zhou family as they found themselves mourning their precious twins who were brutally gunned down in a horrific marital dispute that happened on 3 April in Beria, Johannesburg in South Africa, where they were based.

In a video circulating on social media, the elder brother of the late twins, Farai, said that Samukelisiwe was shot dead by her husband identified as Justin Mahlaba from Gokwe after the two had a marital dispute. The husband then shot Attalia. The two were killed during a family meeting, where the family was trying to resolve the couple’s differences.

After killing the twins and trying to kill Farai and his wife, Justice also shot himself dead.

“My sisters were shot dead last week when we were having a family meeting consisting of six people — myself, my two late sisters, my brother-in-law (late), my wife and my younger brother Freddy. We started the meeting with a prayer. Everyone narrated their views and one of the twin sisters who was the one married to Mahlaba told us that she wanted to separate from her husband as she was tired of being abused and that is when all hell broke loose,” narrated Farai.

He continued, “My brother-in-law got angry and took out a gun and shot his wife in our presence and Freddy then ran for his life. He then went on to shoot Attalia. He shot his wife for the second time when she showed some signs of life and went on to point the gun at my wife. Luckily, the gun malfunctioned and when my wife realised that, she ran for her life and she was saved by a neighbour who hid her in her house.

“My brother-in-law then came back to the house after he failed to catch my wife and tried to shoot me but he failed as the gun jammed again. He then went to the balcony and I assumed that he wanted to throw himself off the balcony but after a few minutes, I heard a gunshot.

“He had killed himself. I remained on the ground and waited for the police to come,” said Farai.

About Post Author


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *